I was inspired by several bloggers to turn my little girls ugly $3 mini blinds in to Roman Shades. It was either that or invest in the wood blinds (feaux) which would add up to about $50. Umm, this fabric sitting in my storage bench? Free! Free wins in this house. I did have to go buy some fabric glue. This one, Fabritac, cost $4.97.
For a real tutorial click here at Little Green Notebook and check out her blog too! But here you get the idea.
I took off the bottom piece of the blinds, cut the tilt strings (not the lift string!) and took off all but 6 slats. I spaced the remaining slats apart about 9 inches.
I used this glue to glue in the hem of all 4 sides of my piece of fabric, then proceed to glue the fabric to both the top and bottom piece of the blinds, and to all 6 slats.
I trimmed the top with some coordinating ribbon but it doesn't stand out too well. I would love to add black out fabric to the back. I think that would make them look higher quality and keep out more light.
Overall, I am happy with them! They are much cuter than the plastic mini blinds and this project took me about 2 1/2 hours. (I'm not good at measuring). For more pictures of Payton's big girl room click here!
I am submitting this on Kimbas DIY day, thanks for looking and go check it out!