It's our anniversary! Four years married to be exact. And with the current economic times, my birthday being just 5 days prior, and Christmas on the way, I'm afraid our gift budget is always low. This year I took the opportunity to force myself to be creative and give a gift from the heart. I actually really enjoyed making this gift. I found myself reminiscing the entire time I made it and really got me in the spirit and romance of an anniversary. Store bought items and the usual "expected" gifts can take away from that I think.
So with that in mind I know everyone has holiday lists to complete and thought this turned out as a sweet little gift that could be tailored to anyone. Here's what I did.
- I simply used my photo editor (Picassa, but any would do) to choose my photos, tweak them to black and white, then added text. I found great pictures of my husband doing all the things he does :)
- I created a cover with writing only using the Paint accessory.
- Cut burlap to allow about 1/4" on each side of picture, frayed edges, and used Fabri-Tac to glue picture to burlap.
- Hole punch the corners. My hole punch went right through the burlap but I did use a pen to push through it on a couple. You just need a big enough hole for the ribbon. You could also do two hole punches on either side for more of a book effect but I stopped with just the one.
- Choose ribbon to thread through the hole, tie a knot to secure, then a pretty bow.
- Enjoy giving the gift to the receiver knowing they can keep this for years to come!
My book has about 14 photos, here are a few:
Happy Anniversary Tommy! Yes, I really do love all these things about you! You have given me the best, most important four years of my life and can't wait to say the same at our 50th! Love you :)
I am linking this to Kimb'as DIY day. Thanks for looking and go check out the other DIYs!
Also submitted to the "I can do that!" party at Just a Girl!