Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Using Christmas ornaments all year



I admit. I have been a little stumped after Christmas on what to put on the front door and around the home for winter decor. I know Valentines day is coming up but sorry folks, that is not a holiday I deem fit for my home decor. Maybe I will hang a heart wreath when the time is sooner but I am not making any promises.

So I decided to do as the Nester does and "use what I have". I found this door hanging container that I picked up at Goodwill a while back and removed some greenery off of my fall wreath. I stuffed the container with the greens and then picked out some Christmas tree ornaments that I left to the side in hopes of being able to use them more. Those would be the little bird in the nest and the rustic star.


With all of the cute Christmas themes out there I'm sure all of you have some that could be used all year. Did you keep them out? I think this is a "season neutral"  greeting at the door that can last me until at least sprint. Unless I put a Valentines heart that is....


DIY Day @ ASPTL






Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I just picked up one of those metal basket thingies at a thrift store today for $1! It needs a paint job but now I have ideas for what to put in it! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh - looks so good! The star and the nest are definitely decorations to keep out all year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer!

    That is sooo cute. I love how wintery and pretty it is!!!


    Hey, I have been meaning to send your watch out and I've looked through my email a million times, but it must have eaten your message with your address! I'm so sorry - can you send it to me again? I have it all packaged up and ready. I will send it to you Priority so it comes as fast as possible.

    Hope you are having a great day!

    XOOX
    Jen

    jennifer@hadfields.org

    ReplyDelete