Sunday, July 5, 2009

Appalachian style

I have to confess that my absolute favorite part of camping and exploring the mountains is the drive there. I love to check out each adorable farm house in the country that we drive by. Also all the country charm that North Carolina has to offer. Here are a couple things I snapped some photos of this trip.


Country store in Linville that apparently have fabulous BBQ as people were lining up out the door to get a taste. What drew us in was the live blue grass music. Inside I also discovered lots of local crafts for sale. So cute!


The mill behind the store. It's moving but you can't tell.


Local folk art shoppe. Loved this rooster!


And this cow....which has me thinking of a project for a window JUST like this I picked up for 80 cents the other day!

Another beautiful rooster


Set up at the mill. It just looks so inviting and patriotic!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July weekend! More posts of whats going on inside the house soon. :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment