Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A kitchen redo update

Upon removing our cabinet doors recently, I decided this was not enough impact for me. I tried colored dishes on display, didn't work for me. I tried all white dishes. Better but was missing some shall we say "umph!"?





I had this scrapbook paper I was using for another project and tested a sheet behind areas and thought about it for a couple of days. I really wanted to find more of a sticky wallpaper but was unable to find a pattern I liked.



So to Hobby Lobby we went and 25 sheet at $.59 ea and a roll of double sided tape later....



I am happy! I don't think it's obvious at all that its scrapbook paper and it can easily be changed if when I get sick of it! While taking these pictures I realized it would be nice to have light shining from the top of the cabinets. I might have to take another look at the battery powered stick on above cabinet lights I was eying last week.
Please disregard the fact that I did not even bother to wipe the counters before I took these pictures. :) It has been a week of the sickies at our house and this is all the energy I could muster up for today.



DIY Day @ ASPTL

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - I love it!!! I did something similar in my kitchen last Spring, but I used green wrapping paper. I am totally switching it out!

    LOVE IT! I am going to post about it in my Friday Favorites!

    You are too cute!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is brilliant! I love it so much! Even if your cupboard doors are still on? Open it up and happiness:).

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that paper, my favorite color combo!! Hope everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually did this a couple of years ago but I took it off because my husband had put beadboard in the back of the cabinets and he wasn't too happy that I put scrapbook paper over his hard work. I think the paper you picked out is gorgeous...looks great!

    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing with scrapbook paper in my bookcase and hutch. But be careful it is very addicting, I have been looking around the house for more backs to cover lol. Love the pattern of your paper too and we have had ours up for several months now and nobody can ever tell.

    ReplyDelete